Did you ever get a song stuck in your head? I have a tendency to hear a song -- in the grocery store or wherever--and then sing it at odd moments throughout the day. This wouldn't be so bad except I never get the words right. Something must be wrong with the wiring in my brain....it has always been thus.
{Thank God I have a husband and daughter whose main goal in life is to correct my mistakes. It is my calling to make make them feel superior and smart.}
Then there are those totally inappropriate songs that crop up in my head, and you guessed it, out they come through my mouth. I don't do it intentionally, of course, it just happens. Mind you, most of these songs were put into my mind by a certain 23 year old who lives in this house and has every Monty Python recording ever made on her computer. The worst thing I have done (lately) is sing the "every sperm is sacred" song at a church function. My mother was horrified. I didn't even realize what I was singing until I saw her face. On second thought, that was really what made it worthwhile. I do so love pushing her buttons. It was fortunate that I was not in a big group of people at the time.... and also fortunate that her memory isn't what it used to be...
Life is a song...and I'll just keep on singing....
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment